Friday, May 25, 2007

New Training Schedule

I generated a new basic training schedule (posted below) and while I think it will get me there comfortably, my main goal at this point is just that -- to finish comfortably, ideally in less than 5 hours. Andy reminded me the other afternoon that there would be no shame in running a strong half marathon instead, but that would be pretty disappointing to me. Like most first time marathoners, I'll go in under trained, but I plan to go. I'll have two 20 milers, then a two week taper, and that should be enough preparation. At any rate, it will be all the preparation I can squeeze in.

My 5 mile tempo run yesterday was a bit painful and didn't end up being that much faster than my easy run Tuesday, but it felt good to push a little. I think I'll be in good shape for my 10 miles tomorrow. It feels good to be looking forward to runs again.

No comments: