Friday, June 1, 2007

Keeping Up

More slow short runs this week. A 4 mile recovery run Wednesday, and a 3.5 mile fast(er) run today. I had to cut it short today in order to meet up with a friend who was dropping off his car with us, but that should leave me with lots of energy for my 12 miler on Sunday.

We're house sitting in Vallejo this weekend, which will give us some new places to explore, including the park where the Zodiac Killer made one of his first murders back in the late 60s. No, I don't plan to run there, especially not alone! Actually, Vallejo is quite charming, though still "up and coming." I imagine someday it too will be a very desirable and completely unfordable Bay Area town, but right now it's oddly empty, surprising slow paced, and in need of a paint job. It also boasts one of the most authentic Mexican restaurants in the Bay, which I hope is still there.

In Blogland, Phil, will be running the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in San Diego on Sunday - send him a note if you get a chance!

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Enjoy the house sitting and the mexican food. Hope the long run went well.